Dedication to Safety
Precision Gutter is dedicated to safety and provides weekly safety meetings to keep all of our crews up to date with WorkSafeBC standards.
Fall Protection / Safety Monitor Program
- Know the role & responsibilities of WorkSafeBC
- Understand fall related statistics, the cause of falls, & the importance of fall protection training
- Are up to date with the new WorkSafeBC fall protection regulations
- List relevant topics for safety meetings & develop an agenda
- Identify or describe fall restraint, guard rail systems, safety net systems, personal fall arrest systems, & personal devises
- Identify or describe warning line & safety monitoring systems, covers & protection from falling objects
- Demonstrate & give examples of ladder safety
- Tie knots used for fall restrain / fall arrest
- Developed a fall protection plan based on selected case studies
All of our employees out in the field are all required to have their level one first aid completed at St, Johns Ambulance.
Level one first aid training includes:
- Emergency Scene Management
- Shock, Unconsciousness and Fainting
- Choking (Adult)
- Cardiovascular Emergencies and One-Rescuer CPR (Adult casualty)
- Severe Bleeding
Electrical Safety Training
Our employees know the basics of how electricity behaves, how to spot overhead and underground hazards, how to plan your work and carry it out in a safe manner, what to do if equipment contacts a power line, and how to meet WorkSafeBC requirements for working near high-voltage lines.